Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Beirut


I have a love-hate relationship with Beirut, mostly love though. Originally, I did not like them, because after staying a weekend at my buddy's pad in San Francisco, his roommate would play Beirut every night, all night long, so he could sleep. I'm the lightest sleeper in the world, so it annoyed the shit out of me, but hey to each his own. I decided to give Beirut another shot, because everybody deserves a second chance, and honestly my reasons for not liking them were pretty meek. I'm glad I did, because their sound is so different than any other thing I have ever heard in my life. It's this mix of world music, with American indie rock. They use so many unique sounds that come together to give Beirut their own style. Not to mention, Zach Condon is an amazing vocalist, which makes the dynamic of the band that much better. They are playing on Sunday, who would of known? Be sure to check them out, they are a talented group. Peace and Love ya'll.


No comments:

Post a Comment