Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kasabian



Since the invention of such websites as SoundCloud, Pandora, 8tracks, and all those other kick-ass music sites out there, I have kinda forgone listening to my iTunes library. Which I am now realizing is quite unfortunate considering that I have an cornucopia (shout-out to all my Boy Meets World fans out there!) of Kasabian tracks! When I first stole these jams from my wonderful Aussie friend, Sam, I didn't realize that I had struck gold. But let me tell you, while writing a post I listen to the music of who I'm writing about, and right now...I. am. STOKED! How I went this long without blasting this English rock band's music is just a disgrace! Comprised of Tom Meighan, Sergio Pizzorno, Chris Edwards, Ian Matthews, and Jay Mehler, this indie rock/rock/space rock/neo-psychedelia/electronica (phew, what a mouth full!) band has been together (for the most part) since 1997. They started out under the name Saracuse, but changed it to Kasabian after Linda Kasabian, Charles Manson's getaway driver. Always good to have an interesting story, right? But enough of that! All you need to know, is they are going to sex up your eardrums and undoubtedly make you  move your body as though we were in the 60's! Kasabian will be performing at Coachella on Saturday, April 14th and 21st.

To learn more information check out their page on Wikipedia or their website. Also, follow them on YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment