Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Justice


We will continue with the Ed Banger theme, and take a look at the heavyweight of the group. Justice was one of the first groups that got me into EDM a few years back. No, I cannot say I have liked EDM for as long as some people, and you can call me a newbie, but these really got me into it. I remember sitting in my college dorm room, and my buddy put on D.A.N.C.E., and it was just this electro-funk orgasm to the ears. Justice stole my heart I guess you could say. Their style is so funky and upbeat, similar to Ed Banger associates Breakbot, and SebastiAn, but on a whole other level. I was able to see Justice in '09, at Hard Haunted Mansion. One of the best nights in my life, I'm sure a few friends can attest to that. So they hold a special place in my music heart. The guys from France really helped pave the way to make EDM what it is in 2012. Everybody wants to talk about how Skrillex won a Grammy (I know he won three, which is awesome, and congrats to him) but everyone fails to realize that Justice won a Grammy in '09 for their remix of "Electric Feel" by MGMT. They will be playing on Sunday, and as with most of the artists, you can follow them on Facebook and Twitter. Don't forget to D.A.N.C.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment